[CSUSB]>> [CNS]>> [CSE]>> [R J Botting]>> biba.php
Bibliographic Item (1.0)
- Lancelot Hogben
- Mathematics for the million
- W W Norton 1937 NY NY
- =TEXT MATHEMATICS HISTORY GEOMETRY ASTRONOMY ARITHMETIC TRIGONOMETRY ALGEBRA GRAPHS LOGARITHMS CALCULUS STATISTICS
- Provides exercises for the serious.
- Shows how practical matters drive the development of abstruse calculi.
- Argues that mathematicians rely on diagrams and computation before the get to proving something.
- An excellent description of the problem of "word problems" starting with p.304
Search for bibliographic items containing a matching string.
Search for a specific bibliographic item by name.
To see the complete bibliography (1Mb+) select:[Bibliography]